- This event has passed.
Project Manager, Inverness
In his career with NatureScot (previously known as Scottish Natural Heritage) Patrick has 20 years experience of using Oracle products, first as Development Team Manager, then as EBS Manager and then Oracle Cloud Project Manager. He led the project to migrate NatureScot from EBS to Oracle Cloud, a project that included Financials, Procurement, Expenses, HCM, Payroll, Learning and Recruitment. Patrick is a regular presenter at the UK Oracle User Group and other events and has written four books, including two on software development and one on project management. In his spare time he is building his own home near Loch Ness in the highlands of Scotland.
Description of the Webinar
Oracle E-Business Suite became a dominant force in the ERP market over a period of many years. Often organizations would dip their toes into the water with one module, and then add other modules over time. In the last few years we have seen increasing numbers of organizations moving to Oracle Fusion Cloud, with many more planning to move in the near future. Moving from an on-premise E-Business Suite to Oracle Cloud is a major business change project, and the number of organizations making this change has some implications.
- There’s demand for people with skills in Oracle Cloud
- Some modules are very new, meaning few people have experience
- Demand for EBS skills is likely to reduce, although a number of organizations will continue to rely on this for many years
- If the industry scales up to manage a large peak in demand, what will happen as the number of organizations transitioning reduces?
Key points covered are
- Invest in your own personal development to prepare for the wave that’s already here
- Surf the wave as long as you can
- Have your exit plan ready…